Re: Configuring hotplugged input devices

Quoting Nicolas George (2019-11-25 15:40:12)
> Henning Follmann (12019-11-25):
> > > I want a solution for simple users, without root permissions to edit
> > > xorg.conf.
>
> > That's what udev is for
>
> Thanks, but no, not at all: I specifically requested a solution for
> simple users, while udev requires root privileges to write in /etc/udev.
> Furthermore, udev scripts will not be able to connect to the X11 server,
> except with fragile hacks.

udev is the standard - it is an infrastructure where you can then hook
tools onto.

Somewhere you need root access - to install whatever tool you want to
expose to your users of the system.

None of those _tools_ are "standard" in Debian, but if you care less
about that part of your question and more about the user interface part,
then I suggest taking a look at Debian packages esekeyd and
triggerhappy.

 - Jonas