Re: Debian Buster and NetworkManager

Quoting Levente (2019-11-21 22:16:44)
> BTW... are there any low-tech, debian specific network manager out
> there possibly with a GUI that can bring up/down interfaces just like
> ifup/down?

Not sure what you are really asking: To me "low-tech" and "with a GUI"
contradicts each other.

Ignoring "with a GUI", arguably "ifu/ifdown" _is_ the Debian-specific
low-tech "manager" - the package is called "ifupdown".

Ignoring "low-tech" and "Debian specific", there are several network
managers with GUI, most complete competitor to Network Manager probably
being ConnMan, and a new interesting wifi-only one being IWD.

There are more...:

  apt install apt-xapian-index
  update-apt-xapian-index
  axi-cache search network::configuration AND interface::x11
  axi-cache search network::configuration AND interface::graphical
  axi-cache --all search network::configuration | less

 - Jonas