Re: Orphaned Inode Problem

	Hi.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 02:06:48PM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> he problem is that the program hangs and the system will not
> recognized the keyboard, although, according to gKrellM the system is
> still operating. The only solution seems to be to reboot the system.

The contents of /var/log/messages at the time of the hang will
definitely help to pinpoint the issue.

And maybe the xorg.log, but it's non-trivial to extract something useful
from it - you have to wait for the hang, reboot, and locate
Xorg.0.log.old file.

> I have no idea what the cause may be or what a solution might be.
> Google is no help (al least, nothing that I can understand).

A kernel panic or OOPS comes to mind first. That's very broad class of
the problem, to say the least, hence the need of kernel logs.

Xorg hang is the second possible option. AMD hardware is somewhat
problematic here.

Barring above - an overheat is the third possible scenario here.

In short, Google (or any other search engine) can offer little help here
- you have to know what to search.

Reco