Re: KISS gpg

On 2019-10-31 at 11:18, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 02:12:54AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
>
>> If you kill all agents to stop them interfering, then use the
>> - --homedir option of gpg with a copy of your files, I think you will
>> have what you need.
>
> Huh.  There's that "dash space dash dash" pattern again, from a completely
> different person this time.
>
> Is the mailing list software mangling people's posts (lines that begin
> with dash dash get an extra dash space prepended), or is there some
> common mail user agent in the wild that's doing this?
>
> --testing

FWIW, I don't see that pattern in my local copy of the message you're
replying to; on my end, the line begins with '--homedir', sans quotes.

I also don't remember seeing it in the previous thread where this was
mentioned, except in quoted messages.

I'm guessing that something on *your* end is mangling this.

--
   The Wanderer