Re: Accessing a host with variable IP addresses / connection types

Celejar wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what networking scheme you're describing, but I
> explained why there's no easy, good solution in the original thread.
> Basically, the home network uses 192.168.0.0/24, as do other LANS I
> connect to. My VPN uses 10.0.0.0/24. When the laptop is connected
> locally at home, it's 192.168.0.x, but when it's connected remotely,
> it's 10.0.0.x.
>
> Just to be clear, the issue is not reaching the hosts on the local
> network from the laptop: that's simple. The issue is having the hosts on
> the local network be able to initiate connections to the laptop without
> knowinng or caring whether it's connected locally or over the VPN.

It is simple and it does the trick. Check your server config.

# Push routes to the client to allow it
# to reach other private subnets behind
# the server. Remember that these
# private subnets will also need
# to know to route the OpenVPN client
# address pool (10.8.0.0/255.255.255.0)
# back to the OpenVPN server.
;push route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0
;push route 192.168.20.0 255.255.255.0
push  "route 10.1.1.0  255.255.255.0"
push  "route 192.168.1.0  255.255.255.0"

regards