Re: [OT] replacement for SystemRescueCD

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 08:47:22AM +0100, Joe wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:51:30 +1100
> David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Guys, thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what I will do yet.
> >
> > Hi,
> > I'm sure you don't intend to offend [...]

> Oh come on, forty years ago, 'guys' was being applied indiscriminately
> to males and females (there wasn't anything else then) in the USA.
> Women used it when referring to groups of other women.

Some (yes, I've heard it too), some not. Whatever.

I think what matters is (a) to accept that there may be different
standpoints on that (I miss that from you two, BTW) and (b) to
try to think for oneself.

For me (and that's for me, only!) this thinking led to "well, OK,
I can imagine, that depending on context and cultural background,
some woman might perceive 'guys' as exclusive". From then on, I
use the formula "folks".

What's the solution for you? You find out! But be open. To Joe,
for example: not all the world is the USA. For David, for example:
have you thought of taking the issue off-list? Perhaps that would
have been less offending to the OP and less of a flame war risk?

Whatever.

Cheers
-- t