Debian 10: enable counting in faillog

Hello!

I try to enable faillog at Debian 10.

Till now it is installed but does not count failed logins.

As far I found out I need to adjust some pam-files in /etc to enable it.

I read about pam_tally, pam_tally2, auth_common, system-auth, ...

So I think they are more or less do all the same but the files are different regarding the Linux distribution and version.

Can anyone tell me what to set exactly for Debian 10?

I do not want do lock/block users. I only want the failed-login counted.

Thanks!