Re: latest epson drivers stoped working with debian 10

On Tue 22 Oct 2019 at 19:39:45 +0200, duub qnnp wrote:

> Sorry for the lack of info... I've answered below
>
> Thank you for your time and patience!
>
> On 22/10/19 1:58, David wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 at 08:21, duub qnnp <qnnp@duub.org> wrote:
> >
> > > [...] the oficial drivers of epson [...]
> > Please provide a link so that we could download and see
> > exactly what code is not working for you.
> http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=&DSCMI=101986&DSCCHK=f880793699494616468653a80e2575418d70ea49
> >
> > > [...] i can't install the drivers [...]
> > Please also cut and paste from a terminal window the exact
> > command you run together with the error message it produces.

You did not give the command you used for installation. However, I
think we can figure out what you are doing.

> Selecting previously unselected package epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2.
> (Reading database ... 153171 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2_1.1.2-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb ...

You are installing a deb package that you have downloaded from Epson.
This is not the supported way to install the Epson printer drivers on
Debian.

> Unpacking epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 (1.1.2-1lsb3.2) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
> epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2:
>  epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 depends on lsb (>= 3.2); however:
>   Package lsb is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing package epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) ...
>  epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2

You get this error because dpkg cannot cope with the deb you have given
it to process. What it can process is printer-driver-escpr, which has
been expressly devised to make the Epson file compatible with Debian.

The solution to your issue is:

  apt install printer-driver-escpr

--
Brian.