Re: Top 7 Programming Languages That Employers Really Want

On 18/10/2019 19.26, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> I'm not sure if any Pascal compilers are still available, but
> Turbo was the most popular back when. Until the last version
> came out, and it was too complicated for its own good.

Forgive me for barging in, but I just had to answer that.

Sure there is! Take a look at Free Pascal (freepascal.org). It is very much
alive. I use the RAD editor Lazarus (a clone of Delphi for those who still
remember what that was) that goes with it regularly.

> I took a good look at Python, and decided that the necessary
> indentation was too much for me to deal with. Maybe there is
> some kind of automated system for doing this, but I don't know
> of it.

This admission proves I am becoming an old fart, but I just can't give up my
precious perl... I like Python a lot, but perl is still my goto language.

Grx HdV