Re: 'apt update' failure, me or repository?

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 08:54:36AM -0000, Curt wrote:

> By what mental procedure did you arrive at that workaround?

I was able to retrieve the various InRelease files with any web browser
and with wget, but I was not able to do so with apt. So, I cranked up
tcpdump and grabbed one of those files with Firefox, and then ran apt.

What's different between the two connections up to the point of failure
is the User-Agent: and Accept: headers. Since the Accept: header seemed
unlikely, I fiddled the User-Agent.

As for transparent proxies, etc. what I've got here is my own router
connected to a bridged fiber modem, which gets photons from a community
fiber network managed by the county. I have no particular reason to
trust them, but it's the internet we're talking about, so...

--
Art Sackett
http://www.artsackett.com/