Re: Firefox in SID

Le dimanche 13 octobre 2019 09:50:04 UTC+2, Marek Mosiewicz a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > It seems 2.10 versions of the freetype libs are not in Sid but in
> > Experimental:
> >
> > https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=freetype&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> >
> Firefox uses is own copy of freetype library, so it does not depends
> Debian package.
>
> Best regrds,
>     Marek Mosiewicz

Hello Marek,

>From what I understand, Firefox-esr Debian packages do depend on libfreetype6 debian packages?
 https://packages.debian.org/sid/firefox-esr
And for now, freetype2 v2.10 seems to be part only of Experimental ?
 https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libfreetype6&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

If upstream binaries already use freetype2 v2.10, you have also the choice of installing an official Mozilla snap package (ESR, stable, candidate, beta):
 https://snapcraft.io/firefox