Re: DMARC reports after emails sent to list

	Hi.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 04:20:17PM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> Is this due to email forwarding by Debian servers or is it for some
> other reason? How can I fix this?

bendel.debian.org (the MTA behind lists.debian.org) does not have a
published SPF record. An MTA, tana.it in this case, which is configured
in a paranoid way (every inbound e-mail must conform to a published SPF
record) - will consider every e-mail from bendel.debian.org as a
violation.
It's not just you - I too receive DMARC reports from tana.it at the end
of every day which I communicate to the list, and a couple of others
attempt to send me DMARC reports too (but I see no reason to accept
connection from China Telecom MTAs).
It's not that bad, we're talking about extra 5-10 e-mails per day if you
don't do any filtering.

> Do I need to add Debian's IP address to my SPF record?  I'm not sure I
> want to, but it may end the DMARC reports with failed SPF tests...

I don't see how it'll do you any good. SPF checking for a maillist mail
has little to no meaning anyway, it's tana.it who should fix their SPF
checks.

I'd send a mail to postmaster@noloop.tana.it, IIRC one of this list
members is behind it.

Reco