(solved) Re: Dual boot: one legacy, the other uefi

Hello all,

Thank you very much for all this thread and discussion.

Let me get back to you.

On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 at 18:26, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

Dear Pascal,

If Windows boots in EFI mode :
Mount the EFI partition on /boot/efi.
Install grub-efi-amd64.
Boot some Linux media in EFI mode.
Chroot into the Debian system, mount the usual pseudo-filesystems
(/proc, /dev...) and the EFI partition.
Run grub-install.
Run update-grub.
Done.

Your simplified solution nailed it! Thank you.

I mark this thread as solved basically because of this small paragraph. So if you are reading this in the near future trying to find a solution, this step-by-step and some duckduckgo will get you into business.

There are more details for a complete response, and some commands needs to be in a different order, that I'll reply later in this thread, just to make sure the procedure that I made and worked flawlessly, is registered for posterity.

 For now, if you are in a hurry, this answer above will get you in the right path.

My best,

Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09