Re: cannot bring up phpmyadmin in browser, cannot link to mysql

Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Other piece of advice:  I've found that complex software works better
> when installed from a source tarball, with ./config; make install.

Sorry, but this is a complete BS.

Also reffering to some notes from may be 15y ago does not answer the
question.

The one which urges to go through the installation steps is a good one.
I would also add that OP should go through the mysql/mariadb installation
notes.

Most likely it is due to the fact they want to use phpmyadmin with root
access from the web browser, which I think is disabled unless you set
password for root.

regards