Re: cannot bring up phpmyadmin in browser, cannot link to mysql

On 10/5/19 11:51 AM, Dave wrote:

On our old server we used to access phpmyadmin via "oursite.com/phpmyadmin"

on the new server we have installed phpmyadmin / php / and sql-server ...

we cannot access phpmyadmin.

also we have not been able to link other programs like wordpress to sql
or phpmyadmin to sql.

DEBIAN 9.04

please advise

Well, for starters, work through the install & configuration steps, line by line.  Make sure you got it right.  (Also, go back and review your detailed notes from the installation on your old server - you did make & keep notes, right?)

Other piece of advice:  I've found that complex software works better when installed from a source tarball, with ./config; make install.  For all the basic stuff, packages & apt work just fine.  For more complex stuff, I always install from the most current stable upstream source.  It's saved me no end of trouble.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown