Re: testing security updates

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 03:40:53PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

[...]

> YOU DO NOT MIX STABLE WITH TESTING.
>
> YOU DO NOT MIX STABLE WITH UNSTABLE.
>
> YOU DO NOT MIX TESTING WITH UNSTABLE.

Wow. I'd rather say: you do not "do not".

Know the downsides, know what can break, and then, when it's
appropriate, by all means, mix whatever you want to mix.

That said (and this comes as a small paradox), stable usually
mixes better with unstable than with testing.

I've been using a Frankendebian happily for ~3/4 year as my
main work machine. Be sure you know what you're into. Be
prepared to fiddle with apt.

Cheers
-- t