Re: black screen (only mouse visible) after resume with xfce4 on kernel 5.2.0

Il 14/09/19 22:30, Mike Kupfer ha scritto:

Andrea Borgia wrote:
how do I get xfce to use xscreensaver as
locking when suspending?

For Xfce4 4.12, it's on the Advanced tab of the Session and Startup
settings.

Sorry for the delay, Mike: I had a busy schedule and opted for using a "safe" kernel on the laptop until I had more time to experiment.

I have xfce4 4.14 but I don't see anything interesting in that menu, see screenshot. This and the fact xfce is giving me crap [1] also on the desktop makes me feel like trying to switch environment altogether :D

Thanks for the assistance, though.

Andrea.

[1] image is fine until the login screen in X, after login it is an odd shade of green, mostly after resume but right now it happened on a fresh boot as well. System responds fine via ssh but chvt 1 does not fix it, I need to reboot. So far, I noticed that clearing ~/.config/xfce4 right after reboot and before logging in will give me a working display.