Re: rocks n diamonds

https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBuster#Changes

> and it has
> certainly been discussed on this list in the past.  Those discussions
> may have taken place before you joined us here, IDK.  Search for 'su vs
> su -' using your preferred search engine, and you'll see lots of info.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/460478/debian-su-and-su-path-differences
https://superuser.com/questions/1354131/debainbuster-su-not-working-properly-command-not-found
https://metabubble.net/linux/how-to-really-restore-legacy-behavior-of-su-in-debian-buster/

And certainly many more, but that's all I could find in a minute or so
with Google.  The problem is, most of the relevant threads have unrelated
Subject headers, like "rocks n diamonds".  Which is not the OP's fault --
it's just the way it ends up working out.