Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play m4a

Hi,

The Wanderer wrote:
> Rodolfo posted a copy of that message as an attachment, just now, so
> that should be check-able. I don't see anything quite odd just at a glance.

Yes. Looks totally normal.

> Here's an attempt to reply to the message which Rodolfo Medina has
> reported having trouble replying to. Has anyone else tried to reply to
> this message, prior to this?

I did, creating the sub-thread "Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play m4a".
Same as with your attempt: no problems. And Rodolfo can reply to our
follow-up mails in the thread.

It is not yet proven whether the strange In-Reply-To: header content
is to blame. But i see it in my Cc: of the failed attempt of Rodolfo
to follow-up to Andrei POPESCU's mail with id
20190826190505.zldub4tzker6am7d@localhost.
The successful attempts to our recent mails don't have this header.

Rodolfo's mails have
So maybe this is a reason to ask bugs@gnus.org if it still exists.

Or to study
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/gnus
where a search for "In-Reply-To" finds
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp/gnus?id=fa98585ca3779749f7acadf5eaa321c03f7b0b8e
which leads me to
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/gnus/message.el#n5618

  (defun message-make-in-reply-to ()
	   "'s message of \""
	   (if (or (not date) (string= date ""))

This is obviously the text snippet that is attached to Rodolfo's

    message of "Mon, 26 Aug 2019 22:05:05 +0300")

But i am too old to learn digesting Lisp poems.
(Either you learn it until you are 30 - or never.)
So i cannot tell why and when this function is called and a In-Reply-To
header gets added.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas