Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play m4a

On 2019-09-02 at 13:00, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Wanderer wrote:

>> Here's an attempt to reply to the message which Rodolfo Medina has
>> reported having trouble replying to. Has anyone else tried to reply
>> to this message, prior to this?
>
> I did, creating the sub-thread "Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play
> m4a". Same as with your attempt: no problems. And Rodolfo can reply
> to our follow-up mails in the thread.

But that doesn't seem to have been a reply to that same message. It
shows up on my end as a reply to Rodolfo's message with Message-ID:
<87blwe4rd8.fsf@lenovo>, which shows as a reply to his original message;
Andrei's message seems to have been a reply to that original message.

So where my reply shows up as a child of Andrei's, yours shows up as
sort of a niece or nephew. If yours was intended as a reply to Andrei's
message, then something else has gotten weird somewhere.

Your analysis of the various message headers has gotten further than I
have, and I'm not sure I'm in a position to help pursue this much (if
any) further, but I appreciate what you've done from your end.

--
   The Wanderer