The AI Problem, historical perspective

If we start back at the science fiction beginning of the idea, we see that
Asimov really did not anticipate the implications of AI impersonating
human intelligence.  Some of his stories did have robots/androids that
impersonated humans, but ignored the fundamentals... robots should
disclose themselves upon demand.  It should be a basic law.

This failure of vision IMO has led to many of the problems we now are
faced with, like, How to stop Robocalls?  WTF do we do when the grid goes
down and the computer won't cooperate??  Why does the bank keep saying I
have three last names?, etc..

It's off-topic, so I alopogize.  I thought some of the non-AI readers may
find it interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics