Re: The AI Problem, historical perspective

I dont detect a failure of vision causing the problems you mention. I detect "AI" in the service of attaining cash inflow.
Second, i like what Feigenbaum said about AI some time ago. It is actually a deep remark: Every time we think we made an advance towards AI, it turns out that we only wrote a good program.