Re: dbus-deamon avoiding reboot after upgrade

On Fri 16 Aug 2019 at 12:24:14 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:03:41AM +0100, Brian wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus/
>                   ^^^^^^^
>
> ;-)

DE - Desktop *Environment*. A case of selective censorship? :)

> [...]
>
> > As Reco said:
> >
> >   > If you don't need it - just uninstall it.
> >
> > What do you get for 'apt purge dbus'?
>
> Not the OP, but here's mine:
>
>   tomas@trotzki:~$ sudo apt purge dbus
>   [sudo] password for tomas:
>   Reading package lists... Done
>   Building dependency tree
>   Reading state information... Done
>   Package 'dbus' is not installed, so not removed
>   0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

On my print server with buster:

    root@futro:~# apt purge dbus
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      dbus* libpam-systemd*
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    After this operation, 1,057 kB disk space will be freed.

Mmm. I think Reco has led me to a state of enlightenment!

--
Brian.