Re: is it possible run 32-bit app on 64-bit amd system??

On 2019-08-13, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 07:47:52AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>> I'm in a strange mood today (I end up here often) -- I like to see things like
>> that written as:
>>
>> mplayer -novideo <file>
>>
>> or
>>
>> mplayer -novideo <filename>
>>
>> It makes it more clear what is "fixed text" and what is a variable / parameter.
>
> Clear to YOU.
>
> But then you get the occasional fool who puts the literal < and > signs
> in their command.

I thought this was what metasyntactic variables were for, the occasional
foo for the occasional fool, but maybe not, and anyway, the fool is
often quite cleverly foolish, working around the best of intentions
easily.

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan