Re: is it possible run 32-bit app on 64-bit amd system??

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 00:13:33 +0000 (UTC)
Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i want to run adobe pdf reader on jessie for amd64
> the last adobe reader 4 unix is for 32bit, i'm afraid it can't run on 64bit system

You want to research multiarch -- multiple architectures.  But your CPU
MUST support 32-bit emulation.  AMD does. I used it years ago with
Fedora 12 and it ran both 64-bit and 32-bit apps transparently.

Here's a Debian wiki to get you started:

  https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

> i've tried free pdf reader, they all look amateur, compared with adobe's

Take a look at qpdfview.  I used it on both Wheezy and Stretch. It's in
the Debian repos.

> btw which option should i add to mplayer command line
> so that it play only audio part (not video part)  of a file?

Can't help.  Don't use mplayer.