Re: is it possible run 32-bit app on 64-bit amd system??

On 13.08.19 07:47, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> > $ mplayer -novideo file
>
> I'm in a strange mood today (I end up here often) -- I like to see things like
> that written as:
>
> mplayer -novideo <file>
>
> or
>
> mplayer -novideo <filename>
>
> It makes it more clear what is "fixed text" and what is a variable / parameter.

Yes, to those of us who have done a bit of reading, especially from the
days when clarity of written expression was more highly valued. (Or at
least given greater formality.)

But not everyone has been exposed to the above long and widely established
substitute for italics or similar to denote non-literal text, so your
"teaching moment" is an act of generosity.

Erik