Re: OT: While we're talking about logrotate (was: Re: Error with logrotate.)

PS: I do (now) recall that one of the descriptions of how to do what I wanted
was in an old (online) issue of Dr. Dobbs, and I spent a fair amount of time
trying to get that one to do what I wanted, but it refused to cooperate ;-)