Re: installing Debian 10 to 3 hdds as one big system

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 04:44:32PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:

[...]

> So, "Linux MD RAID 10" can be RAID 1, RAID 10, or something totally
> different.
>

> Co-opting and redefining standard terms is bad engineering.

To be honest, and as I remember, the term RAID-10 was doomed from the
get-go. Each manufacturer had a slightly different take on it, so at
the time I filed it under "whatever the marketing department du jour
just came up with". Kind of like the mauve database [1]. This was long
before Linux started doing RAID.

Cheers
[1] https://dilbert.com/strip/1995-11-17

-- t