Re: mount weirdness

Curt wrote on 8/8/19 3:19 AM:
On 2019-08-05, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:

So anyway, I typed in "sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /wa1" and it
seemed to finish successfully, but "ls /wa1" indicated that
in fact it had not. Nothing mounted on wa1! Many other tests
told me the same thing. "umount /wa1" said "not mounted"!

Would this be the result if /dev/sdb2 were already mounted (i.e. nothing?).
System does not care if device is already mounted somewhere else.

Many other tests. What about 'mount' from an xterm to see what's mounted
and what ain't and where?

Did you show your /etc/fstab file (cut and paste)? If so, I must've missed
it.
Yep. Sometime back.

BTW, what's with the exclamation points? Makes you seem enthusiastic.
Nope. Surprised!

;-)