Re: mount weirdness

Curt wrote on 8/8/19 3:41 AM:
On 2019-08-08, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
On 2019-08-05, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:

So anyway, I typed in "sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /wa1" and it
seemed to finish successfully, but "ls /wa1" indicated that
in fact it had not. Nothing mounted on wa1! Many other tests
told me the same thing. "umount /wa1" said "not mounted"!

Would this be the result if /dev/sdb2 were already mounted (i.e. nothing?).

Many other tests. What about 'mount' from an xterm to see what's mounted
and what ain't and where?

Did you show your /etc/fstab file (cut and paste)? If so, I must've missed
it.

BTW, what's with the exclamation points? Makes you seem enthusiastic.

;-)

Oh, and I forgot: the relevant logs might be clueful and relevant
and of course should be explored for relevant clues.

Tell me what logs and how to view them.