Re: Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

On Friday 09 August 2019 07:59:07 Bob Crochelt wrote:

> Gene,
> I’m scheduled for some heart rewiring myself. Good luck to the both of
> us! Bob Crochelt

My heart guy is out of the country till around Sept 1. So I'm takeing an
extra half a 7.5gr warfarin pill a day to ward off another
clot/blockage. I've been taking the 7.5 since I survived a pulmonary
embolism about 5 years back but recent tests earlier this week had the
clot time below 2 and thats not good, needs more rat poison. If I get to
feeling bad I'll yell for a ride to Mon General in Morgantown about 60
miles north who has several heart guys on staff.  So all I'm doing is
the dishes and cooking for the two of us.  Shop work is on hold.

I'll have to get the next door neighbor to do that while I'm gone in that
event as the missus isn't ambulatory any more. Good neighbors, we share
wedding anniversaries, 30 for us on Dec 2nd, 41 for them.

Pulmonary embolisms aren't fun, typical survival rate is less than 2%.
Sorta funny, when I was in Mon Gen before, thats a teaching hospital,
and the doc in charge of me that time always had an entourage of interns
along showing them that surviveing a P-E was possible. Made me feel like
a pet purple hamster or something. :)

Putting in heparin by the gallon, I was up to make water at about 20
minute intervals 24/7. Very poor sleep, and the room was too cold but I
jiggered the stat to fix that. One of the nurses started to fix it and I
flat told her if she was going to set it back down she could find me
blankets big enough and warm enough. What they had weren't much bigger
than a cloth diaper. 8 days. First time ever in a hospital.

I lost nearly 20 lbs by the time I was home for 3 or 4 days & had a
chance to get rid of it.  Legs blown up like phone poles.

I had a pacemaker installed back in January, pulse was in the low 30's
when I walked in the ER door & said I thought I needed one, getting a
bit woozy in between heartbeats. They didn't argue with me a bit. I was
a "live one with an AARP plan F policy". ;-)

Good luck with yours too Bob.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis