Re: Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, at 03:15, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 08 August 2019 18:01:01 ghe wrote:

> On 8/8/19 4:39 AM, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> > I also hear stories about people, using Raspberry Pi Systems as
> > Servers.
>
> At least a 3+, on a T1, with a good UPS, well backed up, and with
> clones of hardware and software near at hand. And running Debian.
>
> Under those conditions, they do just fine.

So does a 3+, running realtime stretch. Using a nearly 50 mhz spi
interface, its running 1400 lbs worth of 70 yo Sheldon lathe that's been
rebuilt with ball screws for micron precision, running the lathe quite
well but with sluggish video. Even that should be fixed in the next
month by switching to debian-arm buster, or a new raspian buster. The
biggest lag is me, I need to go get my ticker rebuilt.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
- Louis D. Brandeis

Gene,
I’m scheduled for some heart rewiring myself.  Good luck to the both of us!
Bob Crochelt