Re: How can I force a particular startup hdmi mode on Raspian/Buster?

Gary Dale wrote:

> Unfortunately none of those options are 1080i.
>
> I've tried all of the 1920x1080
> and they all end up being progressive scan.

  Running raspbian here on a rpi3b+
  currently using a 22in LG hdmi monitor.

  screen resolution is 1920x1080 @ 96dpi

  The raspi-config resolution menu
  offers 2 1920x1080 options ....

    CEA mode 16 1920x1080 60Hz 16:9

    CEA mode 31 1920x1980 50Hz 16:10

  I  don't  remember using these options myself
  when I first set it up, but that doesn't mean
  that I didn't ....

  In 10 days I'll be 73 years old
  and the wet-ware memory
  ain't what it used to be .... :-)

  I've also used a Philips 43in TV hdmi port
  with this particular rpi3b+ and do recall
  an odd occasional prompt about screen res
  that would resolve itself with an OK click
  but otherwise display was fine.

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being