Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On 29.07.19 20:46, David Wright wrote:
> On Mon 29 Jul 2019 at 18:00:25 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > FYI, and significantly OT:
> > >
> > > I don't think that's true in the US.
>
> IIRC Joe's in the UK. 3-phase there is lethal. 1 is bad enough.

Here in Australia we also have only "240v", generally closer to 230v
nowadays, and domestic 3 phase is no big deal, just a couple of thousand
dollars more, as it's just a 3 phase cable, 3 fuses on the pole instead
of 1, and then what you want to cram in your switchboard. Good for a big
aircon in a big house on a 43°C day. (110°F)

People who have it and a nice big PV array on the roof are allowed to
feed much more power back into the grid than someone with only one
phase. Now that the feed-in tariff is better, some consumers have close
to zero electricity bill, despite using grid power at night. (Much
cheaper than batteries.)

Should have no power-line signal leakage on my new build, it's off-grid,
with a mile to the nearest neighbour. ;-)

Erik