Stream m3u8 not supported by network music player

Hi,

I listen to a webradio for which I have a direct URL but my network
music players do not support the 'm3u8' format.
I'm thinking to convert in realtime this m3u8 stream to a supported
stream (mp3), is it the best way forward or is there a better approach?
If it is the best way forward, how would I go about it?

Obviously, asking for a compatible stream would be ideal but if I find a
way to do it on my own I could also apply this method to other stream.

I'd like to only do it with Debian packages.

Any help is appreciated.

--
John Doe