Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

Erik writes:
> Here in Australia we also have only "240v", generally closer to 230v
> nowadays, and domestic 3 phase is no big deal, just a couple of
> thousand dollars more, as it's just a 3 phase cable, 3 fuses on the
> pole instead of 1...

In low density areas in the USA there isn't always three-phase on the
pole.  The substation that our feeder is on is about eight miles away
and about halfway here one phase turns down a side road to feed some
other farms.  To get three-phase I'd have to pay Excel to string the
missing wire.  The line is also 7 KV so I'd have to pay for two more
transformers.

At our place in Minneapolis, on the other hand, there was 240
three-phase on the pole fed from a set of transformers at the end of the
block. I could have had three-phase in the house just by paying for the
wire.  Of course, any rf I had put on the house wiring would have gone
to every house on the block...
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com