Re: Stream m3u8 not supported by network music player

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:04:10 +0200
john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I listen to a webradio for which I have a direct URL but my network
> music players do not support the 'm3u8' format.

Which network players? VLC and mpv, for example, apparently do support
m3u8 playlists:

https://www.lifewire.com/m3u8-file-2621956

[and the manpage for mpv mentions m3u8]

> I'm thinking to convert in realtime this m3u8 stream to a supported

m3u8 is not a stream format, but a playlist format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

> stream (mp3), is it the best way forward or is there a better approach?
> If it is the best way forward, how would I go about it?
>
> Obviously, asking for a compatible stream would be ideal but if I find a
> way to do it on my own I could also apply this method to other stream.
>
> I'd like to only do it with Debian packages.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> John Doe

Celejar