Re: Can Grub Boot Through a USB Port on an Old PC?

On Thu, 2019-07-25 at 21:13 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Jo, 25 iul 19, 12:37:17, Martin McCormick wrote:
> > 	I mounted /dev/sde1 to /mnt and used rsync to copy
> > everything it could including devices to /home/wheezy
> >
> > rsync --devices -alHvbq /mnt/ /home/wheezy
>
> You might want to try bind mounting /dev from the host system before
> chrooting.
>
> mount -o bind /dev /home/wheezy/dev
>
> /proc and /sys might also be needed for the chroot to work properly.
>
> mount -t proc proc /home/wheezy/proc
> mount -t sysfs sys /home/wheezy/sys

I've used 'schroot' in the past for this sort of thing, let's you
configure what to mount and I believe either defaults or has examples
for the common things you're likely to need like /dev and /proc. I
don't remember the details as it's been quite some years since I used
it.

--
Tixy