Re: Odd character, was Re: buster, ekiga.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 09:35:59PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 03:31:12PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 02:19:27PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
>I don't see any NUL characters, but x80 as shown below. I'm reading
>the cached message that mutt downloaded from an IMAP server. Is that
>different from you?

I see it as x80 in mutt and x00 in the raw file on the imap server.
I assume mutt is trying to defang the nul, similar to java's
conversion to 0xc0 0x80, but I haven't actually looked through the
code to confirm.

Heh. that is strange: with mutt ("edit raw") I do see an x00 (shown
by vim as ^@).

My message doesn't go through an IMAP server, fwiw. Dunno what exim
does to it, though :-)

I guess it's the imapd defanging then, before it gets to mutt.