Re: Where'd lsb-compat go?

On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 13:48 -0500, Kent West wrote:
[..]
> Today,
> when I go to install "lsb-compat" on the other's, I find it's no longer
> available in Buster. Has it been deprecated?

Seems so, Googling for "debian lsb-compat buster" shows...

[...]

>  For completeness:
>
> root@lib-pac-04:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> #
>

> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
[...]

Well, the 'stable' release changed from 'stretch' to 'buster' a few
days ago, so your systems are possibly now going to be a mix of those
two releases, probably not what you wanted. Really, you want the
codenames of the release you want to run in sources.list, not 'stable'.
Then you can explicitely upgrade to a new release at a time of your
choosing, taking into consideration what the release notes say and
leasons leaned from upgrading one of your systems first.

--
Tixy