Re: TPLink WN722N and WN823N can find wireless network but can't connect to it

Em 09-07-2019 10:29, Markos escreveu:

Hi,

I'm trying to use these two adapters on a desktop with Debian 9.

I installed the firmware:

apt-get install firmware-realtek

And the Network Manager

apt-get install network-manager-gnome

I open the applet in system tray to select wireless network in the list.

After to click the desired network I enter the password and click "connect" button.

He tries to connect for a while but can't.

Please, how can I try this connection by command line interface (CLI) to identify the reasons for not connecting and troubleshoot it.

Thanks,
Markos

Hi,

Searching on Google I found a tip to include this command in /etc/NetworkManager.conf

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=0

Now the file /etc/NetworkManager.conf is:

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]
managed=false

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=0

Now it connects to the network but does not navigate. :-(
I could check, for example, that it is not creating the file /etc/resolv.conf

which indicates the Gateway address.

Continuing my searches, I found information that there is a conflict between Wicd and NetworkManager.

I decided to remove Wicd with the commands:

apt-get remove wicd
sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove wicd
But it did not solve the problem, and even the ifconfig command is not working anymore.

I think I just made a mess. :-(

Any tip?

Thank you,
Markos