Re: armv7 vs buster sudo complains about hostname or something

On Mi, 03 iul 19, 20:26:48, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 July 2019 18:06:18 John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>
> > Hi Gene!
> >
> > On 7/3/19 10:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Just one of the things its taken over. Now we have a different
> > > command to set the hostname too if you want it to stick over a
> > > reboot.  Someone a couple weeks ago showed me how to do that for
> > > hostname only. I've no clue how it does that because it can do it
> > > even if /etc/hostname has been made immutable. In fact I'd call that
> > > a major security breech.

I don't remember using hostnamectl on my Pine A64. For reference:

/etc/hostname:
pine64

/etc/hosts:
192.168.0.64	pine64
127.0.0.1	localhost
::1		localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1		ip6-allnodes
ff02::2		ip6-allrouters

> IF, note all caps, then why does sudo bitch so much?

I seem to recall sudo cares about /etc/hosts.

Kind regards,
Andrei