Re: Bonus answers - was [Re: Forgot name of Debian "configuration" {wrong word?} file]

Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 06/14/2019 06:10 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> > I can't remember the name of the file which identifies the association
> > between a directory (i.e. \home) and which physical partition it is on.
> > The file I'm looking for also identifies which partition is used for
> > swap.
> >
> > TIA
> >

> I was looking for /etc/fstab .
>
> Suggestions were made for tools such as df, mount, and inxi used in an
> analytic mode. I either ran them or looked up relevant documentation.
>
> If I had been looking for information one of them could provide, is there a
> URL that attempts to summarize such tools?

Have you read the Debian Administrator's Handbook?

https://debian-handbook.info/

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/

While the currently published version is accurate for Jessie/8,
it's a good place to start looking. I understand that it's being
updated for Buster.

-dsr-