Re: Firefox ESR 60.6.2+ still unavailable for me

On Wed 22 May 2019 at 10:25:25 (-0400), Cindy Sue Causey wrote:

> I also use "apt-cache policy". I use that one for taking a quick peek
> at whether or not something's installed. It has the added benefit of
> referencing a package's upgrade [standing]:
>
> $ apt-cache policy firefox-esr
> firefox-esr:
>   Installed: 60.6.2esr-1
>   Candidate: 60.6.3esr-1
>
> There are a couple other lines that go with that I need to personally
> research to understand their value. They obviously wouldn't be there
> if they weren't of potential importance at some point.

AIUI they indicate the source line by which that version of the
package was found, and the priority applied to them by whatever you
have set up in your apt configuration.

This is what my system showed just before the latest security update to FF:

$ apt-cache policy firefox-esr
firefox-esr:
  Installed: 60.6.3esr-1~deb9u1
  Candidate: 60.7.0esr-1~deb9u1