Re: using git locally

On 17/05/2019 11:31, mick crane wrote:
> well that seems to work
> "git clone myserver:/path_to_git_repository"
> whereas
> "git remote add origin myserver:/path_to_git_repository"
> fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>
> probably I can worry about that later at least I know now I can talk
> to it.

That's because git remote add is meant to add a remote to an existing
git (local) repository. You're probably running it on an empty
directory, so it complains (correctly) that you're not in a repository.

If you really must, do "git init ." and then "git remote add". But just
use clone to create the local repository based on another repository.

--
The Marines:
	The few, the proud, the not very bright.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br