clone a bootable image (was: Re: intermittent or not? "Could not resolve 'deb.debian.org'")

Hi john!

First, thanks to you and everyone for helpful suggestions.

Den 2019-05-12 kl. 08:45, skrev john doe:
focus on one card first then clone it!:)
I'll focus on this suggestion now l because it sounds like it could save me a lot of time.

But before I start, I have to ask if it is actually possible to clone a bootable image (that's what I have, right?) from one SD-card to another, if the SD-cards are a bit different?

I have one 64GB Extreme, one 64GB Extreme PLUS and one 32GB Extreme PLUS, all SD-cards from SanDisk.

Let's say I start with the smallest, what's the command line sequence for cloning it onto e.g. 64GB Extreme PLUS?

One of the reasons I ask is that I got the impression that the speed optimisations that are made by the box-fill-disk command somehow has a dialogue with the card when the card's read/write parameters are set:

"Optionally tune ext4 filesystems for specific MicroSD NAND chip pattern."
https://salsa.debian.org/tinker-team/box/commit/be07a3a1b0

If each card type (and size) talks back in its own way, then I guess I can only clone a card onto cards of identical type (and size)?

Best regards.

//Erik