Re: Help tracking down a random beep

Just to provide an update -- the current status is that the beep is not
occurring atm, but it has been just a little cooler.  If I get a chance, I'll
take that machine down and clean out any dust and such, or, if the beeping
resumes I'll try some of the ideas suggested here.

As an aside, the machine is a desktop machine, so no charger is involved.  I
do have it on a UPS, but there is no serial (or USB) cable connected from the
UPS to the desktop, and the sound definitely comes through the computer
speakers, so I'm about 99% sure the beep is not coming from the UPS.