Re: List attachments (was: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender)

On Mon, 6 May 2019 17:18:31 +0200 (CEST)
Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 May 2019, Celejar wrote:
>
> > I once looked into ProtonMail, but IIUC, there's no POP3 / IMAP / SMTP
> > support in the free tier, and even in the paid tiers, standards-based
> > email requires running some sort of proprietary application called
> > "ProtonMail Bridge" on my machine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this
> > is correct, I'll pass.
> >
> > Celejar
> >

>    thank you for this useful information. It will avoid loosing time.
>    Have you any idea of something else?

I'm no expert, but I struck out in my search for a free,
standards-based email service beyond the giants. I have a number of GMX
accounts, and while they're not quite Google / Yahoo / Microsoft,
they're still too big, scary and ad-centric for me.

My favorite is a Zoho account that I have, but when I checked recently
into adding further accounts, I think that new free accounts don't get
POP / IMAP / SMTP service (my old account seems to be grandfathered in).

Another option I've been considering is using the free email service
provided by my (web) hosting provider. It's not quite free, since the
hosting costs money, but that's a sunk cost, and it's very little to
begin with. I don't know, however, how good the service is.

Celejar