Re: is xdvi broken?

rlharris@oplink.net writes:

> <snip>
>
> A month ago I was using latexmk with the same options on this machine.
> I seem to recall an occasional jump back to the xdvi window, but not
> the constant jumping back I was seeing today.  So I think that the new
> Cherry keyboard must be the culprit.

You may be able to configure your window manager to disallow certain
kinds of windows from stealing focus.  KDE/Plasma has something called
"Window Rules" that seems to fit the bill, but that I've never had
occasion to try myself.

Alternatively, if you have a large enough display, you can tile your
windows so that emacs and xdvi are both visible at the same time.  Not
sure whether xdvi will steal focus away from emacs in that case.

Won't help if your keyboard is actually sending unexpected input, of
course.

--
regards,
kushal