Re: is xdvi broken?

On 2019.04.16 14:20, Dan Ritter wrote:
I would be looking at the keyboard. Is it possible that you have
some stickiness in your bottom row modifiers? Unintentional
presses and slow releases can cause symptoms like you have
described.

I thank you, kind sir. I am aware that my expensive and not-very-old MX3850USB Cherry keyboard is not well-behaved; I shall return to my old $12 keyboard.

However, I still question why the display kept returning to the xdvi window after I closed the window and had started no other instance of xdvi. Could the reason be that I started xdvi in the background, using & at the end of the command line?